New this year: BCI is providing an opportunity for the industry to support a good cause and make a donation to this year's charity, Classroom of the Future. Convention attendees can support the local San Diego nonprofit organization by making a personal or corporate donation via the website, mobile app or on site at the donation stations located in Indigo Foyer. All donors will receive a commemorative BCI lapel pin by showing their donation receipt at the BCI registration desk, and donors who contribute $500 or more are invited to experience a VIP Docent Tour of the USS Midway during the Friday Closing Reception.
Note: Donations will be accepted through 4:00 p.m. PT on Friday, September 24.
The mission of Classroom of the Future is to unite business, community and educational leaders in creating innovative learning environments in San Diego County public schools that prepare their students to thrive in a competitive, global society.
Learn more about Classroom of the Future at the BCI Theater, 3:45 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, September 23 during the Power Mart Expo!
The Impact of Your Donation
Donations to Classroom of the Future will help fund the Linda Vista Innovation Center. The vision for the Innovation Center is to create an environment where students can explore, create, and learn through hands-on interactive educational experiences. Their work is guided by principles that reflect equity, diversity, and inclusivity to ensure the Innovation Center has the greatest impact in preparing San Diego County students to be future ready. Here is the community impact of your donation:
- $350 – Week-long Career Pathways summer camp for a student from an underserved community in San Diego County
- $400 – Transportation for a class of 20 students from an underserved community to attend a one-day Career Pathways experience in an Innovation Lab
- $682 – Grow and Roll Chair/Desk for BioTech Lab
- $3,810 – Maker Table (42D X 84W) for Advanced Manufacturing Lab
- $5,250 – Week-long Career Pathways summer camp for 15 students from an underserved community in San Diego County (including bus service)
- $6,140 – Cargo Cart (22D X 77W) for Future Ready Lab