The 2021 BCI Convention + Power Mart Expo will take place September 22-25, 2021 at the Hilton San Diego Bayfront in San Diego, California.
The health and safety of attendees is our top priority. BCI is committed to implementing best practices from public health experts to provide a healthy meeting space. Throughout our planning, BCI has followed best practices recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration, and abided by the legal mandates and recommendations from both the State of California and County of San Diego.
On August 18, 2021, the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) issued new requirements for large events, which require all attendees to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before arriving onsite, or provide proof of a negative test result for COVID-19 conducted within 72 hours prior to the event. BCI has updated the health and safety policy for the BCI Convention + Power Mart Expo in accordance with the new CDPH protocols.
By registering for the 2021 BCI Convention and Power Mart Expo, you can attest at the time of your arrival that you will:
- have completed a vaccination regime for COVID-19 no later than two weeks prior to arrival according to the protocols recommended by the CDC or WHO; OR
- have a negative test result for COVID-19 from a test administered within 72 hours prior to the event using either molecular/PCR or antigen/”rapid” testing.
Proof of Vaccination or Negative Test
- As a condition of entry, all attendees will be required to provide proof that they have met either the vaccination or negative testing requirements above.
- BCI will be partnering with a third-party vendor to manage the verification process using a secure system. More detailed information will be available soon.
The most effective way to ensure the safety of all attendees is for them to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. By California policy, people are considered fully vaccinated for COVID-19: two weeks or more after they have received the second dose in a 2-dose series (Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna or other vaccine authorized by the World Health Organization), or two weeks or more after they have received a single-dose vaccine (Johnson and Johnson [J&J]/Janssen ).
See CDPH Guidance for Fully Vaccinated Persons for additional information.
Negative COVID-19 Test
For those unable to meet the vaccine requirement, negative test results for COVID-19 from a test may be provided. Testing must be conducted within 72 hours before event start time (both PCR and antigen are acceptable). Results of the test must be available prior to entry into the event or venue.
Local COVID-19 Testing
Resources near the hotel will be identified for attendees to obtain a rapid test for those who experience symptoms on-site and for those who must show proof of a recent negative COVID-19 test in order to board their return flight.
Masks will be required for all attendees while indoors in any BCI Convention + Power Mart Expo space, except while consuming food or beverages.
BCI reserves the right to update or modify the above requirements based on the guidance of federal, state, or local health authorities at any time prior to the event. BCI will promptly notify all registered attendees of any modifications or updates to these requirements
If You Feel Ill during the Event
All attendees agree that they will not attend any BCI Convention + Power Mart Expo events if they feel ill at any time during the event with any flu-like symptoms. Attendees that feel ill agree that they will self-isolate in their hotel room, and contact a local health provider for assistance. BCI and the hotel will have information on local COVID-19 capable health providers during the event.
On-Site Health and Safety Measures
The following protocols will be in place during the 2021 BCI Convention + Power Mart Expo
- All primary venues utilize the Hilton CleanStay cleaning protocols.
- Socially distanced seating options will be provided in all venues, including at all education sessions and networking events.
- All attendees, exhibitors, and staff should:
- Not enter the BCI Convention + Power Mart Expo campus if they are experiencing any flu-like symptoms;
- Wash hands often with soap for at least 20 seconds and/or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer;
- Avoid touching their eyes, nose and mouths with unwashed hands; and
- Engage in additional responsible health and safety practices, on and off of the site of the BCI Convention + Power Mart.
- As part of Hilton CleanStay, hand-sanitizing stations with sanitizers and wipes will be available throughout the hotel public spaces, entrances and elevators with an emphasis on all high-traffic areas.
- Public spaces will be cleaned once per shift at a minimum, or more frequently as needed. Public restrooms will be cleaned and inspected every hour.
Hotel Team Members
- Hotel team members are educated on the symptoms of COVID-19 and are prohibited from coming to work if they are ill or symptomatic.
- All applicable team members are required to complete comprehensive training regarding Hilton CleanStay for guestrooms and Hilton EventReady for event space.
- To limit in-person interaction, guests can check-in at the Hilton San Diego Bayfront using Digital Key via the Hilton Honors mobile app, or they may check-in at the front desk subject to local social distancing guidelines. Join Hilton Honors today for a Contactless Arrival experience.
- Luggage and doorman services will be greatly reduced; carts will be available for self-service and will be sanitized after each use.
- Housekeeping "on-demand" options are available that allow guests to request delivery of additional toiletries, towels, linens or coffee without having a housekeeper enter the room.
- Hand sanitizers will also be available throughout meeting space foyers.
- Hotel will clean the 10 high touch points in meeting spaces, as outlined here.
- The General Session and Power Mart will each have one door for entry into the room and one door for exiting.
- We are fortunate to have outdoor space available and we will use that space as much as possible. Our Wednesday Opening Reception, Thursday Power Mart lunch, Friday Closing Reception, and all breaks will be held outdoors.
Shuttle Busing (Golf Tournament and Closing Reception)
- Masks are required for all attendees, whether you’ve been vaccinated or not, while on buses.
- The need for shuttle buses is reduced as San Diego is a walkable venue; however, when in use, buses will be part of a continual cleaning and disinfecting routine.
If you have any questions that are not addressed on the website, please reach out to email@example.com.
*Please check this page regularly for health and safety updates. Last updated on 8/25/2021.